About Our Club
Ansel Adams compared photography with music, saying that the negative is the score
and the print is the performance. So it is with SMCC. The bylaws and officers
provide a basis for the operation of our club, but the music comes only because we
have so many wonderful people making club activities happen. The following people
are the Santa Maria Camera Club. We would be nothing without them.
SMCC 2020 Elected Officers
- President - Cheryl Decker (407) 421-2512
- Immediate Past President - Jeanne Sparks (805)739-1836
- Vice President - Alan Upshaw
- Secretary - Rosie Brancacio
- Treasurer - Bill Hood
2020 Board Members at Large
- Nyla James
- Flavio Parigi
- Tony Martindale
- Elaine Calvert
- Penni Powell
Committees and Organizers
- Program Recruitment - Alan Upshaw
- Competition Digital Projection - Gregory Doudna / Chuck Uebele
- Competition Slide Coordinator - Elaine Calvert
- Competition Slide Projection - Ed E. Powell
- Competition Points Tabulator - Richard Russ
- Competition Prints Manager/Coordinators - Flavio Parigi & Jim Snodgrass
- Membership Recruitment & Retention - Richard Russ, Bob Mihelic, Rosie Brancacio, Bonnie Adams
- Competition Scoring - Elaine Calvert, Penni Powell, Ramona Cashmore
- Field Trips - Penni Powell, Bob Mihelic, Alan Upshaw, Gregory Doudna
- Galleon Editor - Flavio Parigi
- Historian - Nyla James
- Judge Recruitment - NEEDED!
- Galleon Prints - Cheryl Decker
- Refreshments - Joyce Bolivar
- Saturday Morning Chat - Jim McKinniss
- Club Publicity - Jeanne Sparks
- Webmaster - Gregory Doudna - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Recuitment - Alan Upshaw
- SMCC Event Calendar - Rosie Brancacio
- SMCC Club Directory - Rosie Brancacio
- Name Tags Production - Nyla James
- Greeter/Name Tag Distribution - Amaya Rangel
- Meeting Room Setup - Early Arrivals
- PSA Representative - Nyla James
- Santa Barbara County Arts Commission - open
- Santa Maria Arts Council - open
- Santa Maria Library Display - Larry Decker
Want to Join Us?
Come to a meeting (time and location available on the Calendar page) and we'll get acquainted.
Whatever your level of experience, if you're interested in photography
you'll probably enjoy our activities and members.
Membership Application form.
SMCC Constitution UpDated January 2018
The Santa Maria Camera Club is organized and operates under the following rules established by our
constitution. A PDF copy may be viewed at this link:
SMCC -- BYLAWS - UPDATED AS OF JANUARY 1, 2018
A PDF copy may be viewed at this link:
SMCC Photographic Image Competition Rules
We hold photography competitions nearly every month. Since the social distancing requirements of
dealing with the Covid-19 virus, we have had to change our competitions to virtual video based events.
At this time all submissions are Digital JPG, sRGB images only in one of two categories: Color or Monochrome.
There may be specific topic themes for each competition. See the Galleon.
How to Setup Webex for SMCC Online Meetings
Due to the social distancing recommendation of the Covid-19 virus, all current club meetings are held virtually
via video teleconferencing. The club uses Webex for this activity. Instructions for how install and configure you
computer to participate in these meetings.
Read Webex Guest Setup (pdf).