About Our Club
Ansel Adams compared photography with music, saying that the negative is the score and the print is the performance. So it is with SMCC. The bylaws and officers provide a basis for the operation of our club, but the music comes only because we have so many wonderful people making club activities happen. The following people are the Santa Maria Camera Club. We would be nothing without them.
SMCC 2019 Elected Officers
- President - Jeanne Sparks (805)739-1836
- Immediate Past President - Richard Russ (805)489-3095
- Vice President - Alan Upshaw
- Secretary - Rosie Brancacio
- Treasurer - Bill Hood
2019 Board Members at Large
- Nyla James
- Ramona Cashmore
- Jim Ogg
- Cheryl Decker
- Sharon Salerno
- Flavio Parigi
- Richard Russ
Committees and Organizers
- Program Recruitment - Alan Upshaw
- Competition Digital Projection - Gregory Doudna / Chuck Uebele
- Competition Slide Coordinator - Elaine Calvert
- Competition Slide Projection - Ed E. Powell
- Competition Points Tabulator - Richard Russ
- Competition Prints Manager/Coordinators - Flavio Parigi & Jim Snodgrass
- Membership Recruitment & Retention - Richard Russ
- Competition Scoring - Elaine Calvert, Penni Powell, Ramona Cashmore
- Field Trips - Penni Powell, Bob Mihelic, Alan Upshaw, Rosie Brancacio, Bonnie Adams, Gregory Doudna
- Galleon Editor - Ramona Cashmore
- Historian - Nyla James
- Judge Recruitment - Cheryl Decker
- Galleon Prints - Cheryl Decker
- Refreshments - Joyce Bolivar
- Saturday Morning Chat - Jim McKinniss
- Club Publicity - Jeanne Sparks
- Webmaster - Gregory Doudna - email@example.com
- Program Recuitment - Alan Upshaw
- SMCC Event Calendar - Rosie Brancacio
- SMCC Club Directory - Rosie Brancacio
- Name Tags Production - Nyla James
- Greeter/Name Tag Distribution - Amaya Rangel
- Meeting Room Setup - Early Arrivals
- PSA Representative - Nyla James
- Santa Barbara County Arts Commission - open
- Santa Maria Arts Council - open
- Santa Maria Library Display - Larry Decker
Want to Join Us?
Come to a meeting (time and location available on the Calendar page) and we'll get acquainted. Whatever your level of experience, if you're interested in photography you'll probably enjoy our activities and members. Membership Application form.
SMCC Constitution UpDated January 2018
The Santa Maria Camera Club is organized and operates under the following rules established by our constitution. A PDF copy may be viewed at this link: SMCC Constitution
SMCC -- BYLAWS - UPDATED AS OF JANUARY 1, 2018
A PDF copy may be viewed at this link: SMCC By-Laws
SMCC Photographic Image Competition Rules
We hold photography competitions nearly every month. Categories include Monochrome prints, Large & Small color prints, Slides, and projected Digital images.
- Each image entry must have an entry tag. Use Entry Tag (pdf) or Entry Tag (xls), and print 'em when you need 'em.
- Entries must be consistent with Competition Rules (pdf).
- Entries to digital projection, members should be familiar with Guidelines for Digital Submission.